Visitors Google Map Extension (2.0.0 for Joomla 1.5.x)
IPInfoDB.com has changed its API up 15.11.2010. Please make this adaption:
1. You need an API key. Please go to page http://www.ipinfodb.com/register.php
2. Please register your page. You will get an "Activate Your Account Here" email.
3. Please activate your account and login the site: http://www.ipinfodb.com/login.php
4. Get your API key
5. Uninstall Visitors Google Map Agent (both lite and pro version)
6. Download this module again: Visitors Google Map Agent with API Key
7. Install this module and configure it.
What is new in Version 2.0.0
1. Improvement: Google Map API V3 is used. Much better performance, no need to API KEY and many new features.
2. Improvement: Clustering of existing markers is impelemented for the first display of map. Huge performance gain for huge amount of markers!
3. Improvement: Visitors table is improved.
4. Improvement: Timezone problem is solved.
5. Improvement: Smart map update is implemented, which decreases DB traffic.
6. Improvement: IP number display in visitors table is possible
7. Improvement: Visitors table height is configurable
8. Improvement: Referrer link improved9. Bug Fix: Referrer string display error fixed in visitors table.
10. Bug Fix: File paths correction
11. Improvement: Map width can be dynamic.
IMPORTANT: CHANGE Permissions of map_data.php in this directory "modules/mod_visitorsgooglemap/" to 755.
Upgrade from older versions
Please first uninstall the component and modules of old version and than install new version!
Content of VisitorsGoogeMap
This extension contains one Joomla Compoment and two Joomla Modules.
com_visitorsgooglemap: This component is responsible for the creation database table during installation and remove it clearly in case of uninstallation.
mod_visitorsgooglemap: This module is responsible for the display of Google Map in desired module position in your template and track the visitors of your Joomla page in the map.
mod_visitorsgooglemap_agent: This module is responsible for the updating visitors information in the database.
- Download VisitorsGoogeMap package from www.comlantis.com
- Unzip package
- You will find 3 zip files and one readme.txt file. The file names indicates type of them.
- IMPORTANT: Install first component from Joomla administrator panel: Extensions > Install > Find component file in your directory system and click Upload and Install button.
- Install modules, main module and agent module
- CHANGE Permissions of map_data.php in this directory "modules/mod_visitorsgooglemap/" to 755.
- To be able to record visitors data you must ENABLE agent module first. It can be placed at any module position of your template but it is a good idea to place it in footer positions.
- Enable and set the position of main module which display Google Map and tracks visitors.
IMPORTANT: Uninstall first VisitorsGoogeMap modules and than the component. Database table will be removed, all files will be deleted and not any rest will be left.
Upgrade from FREE version to PRO version
Please first uninstall the component and modules of FREE version and than install PRO version!
Visitors Googe Map extension is tested successfully on Joomla 1.5.20 with PHP Version 5.2.9, Apache/2.2.8 (Linux/SUSE) and mysql 5.0.51a with
- IE7 / IE8
- Google Chrome
Since we did not have any webpage having very large amount of visitors, we can not make any comment for this issue.
This extension has been run for many days and it did not cause any memory expansion.
Location Detection Resolution
Visitors Google Map uses a free IP to Location service of IPInfoDB. The resolution of this service is not always optimal and can change from time to time. This means the locations are not 100% correct but acceptable. The main aim is not to find the visitors exact position but to have an idea where they can be.
Configuration Parameters - mod_visitorsgooglemap_agent
Number of Markers: Maximal number of markers saved in database table at one time. Markers deleted according to FIFO.
Marker life duration: Life of a marker saved in database table. All markers older than this duration will be deleted.
Record also robot accesses: The (known) robot accesses will be filtered out if the option No is selected.
Country filter: If there is a country name written here, than only visitors from this country will be saved in the database and tracked.
Configuration Parameters - mod_visitorsgooglemap
Please place this module at a template position where you want to see the google map.
Google Maps API Key: API key to able to use google map in your site. Please visit this page to get it FREE.
Marker to show visitor location: Different marker images
Default Star End MarkerZ MarkerAArrow Black Blue Brown Gray Green Orange Purple Red White Yellow
Map width: Width of google map
Map height: Height of google map
Display Maptype Control: Control switch between map types
Maptype Control Format:
Drop down Hierarchical Standard
Maptype Control Position: Position of control on the map.
Display Zoom Toolbar: Zoom control
Zoom Control Style:
Zoom only Small Small 3d Large Large 3d
Zoom Control Position: Postion of zoom control on the google map.
- Auto zoom to show all markers: In this zoom strategy all markers will be showed automaticaly. Map will decide to zoom out or zoom in itself.
- Center to the last marker and use defined zoom value: The last marker will be centered in the map. In this modus a zoom factor will be used which is configured with Zoom Value
Select the strategy of displaying markers: Should map collect all labels or make a FIFO
Enable pop-up bubble for markers: Display pop-up bubble for each new visitor with marker icon
Show seach phrase in pop-up bubble for markers: Search string from google will be shown in pop-pup
Show entering time in pop-up bubble for markers: Entering time of visitor will be shown in pop-pup
Show visitors city in pop-up bubble for markers: City of visitor will be shown in pop-pup
Show visitors country in pop-up bubble for markers: Country of visitor will be shown in pop-pup
Display visitors in a table also: Show visitor tracking table also
Number of markers to show on the map: Number of visitors to be shown in the table
Frequency of map update (duration in milli sec.): Update frequency of new visitors
Last Updated on Monday, 15 November 2010 16:58